Saturday, July 25, 2009

Little Ballerina

My daughter has been taking ballet and tap dancing lessons for the past three weeks. The first day after class she declared that she loved it. The last week, however, she had decided that ballet is boring and she wants to take gymnastics instead. So I took her to a free gymnastics class to see if she liked it. Of course, she loved it. So my dilemma is now what to sign her up for since we can't afford both. I took ballet and tap and so I would love for her to follow in my footsteps. I enjoy watching her learn dance. I think it's good for her self esteem and poise. But on the other hand, I don't want to push her to do something just because I like it. I don't want to be one of those moms that lives through their child. I think sometimes I just worry about it too much. I mean, she's only 5, I think I still have the right to decide what I think will be the most beneficial for her in the long run. And after her last ballet class while showing her daddy all the moves she learned, she declared again that she loves ballet. Ah, the fickleness of youth.





1 comment:

  1. I love Ava!!! She is such an angel!!! Can't wait to see her again one of these days! And those pics you took are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...