Thursday, August 13, 2009

Packing Up

My husband is going to Vegas this weekend. For a bachelor party. Need I say more?

I decided that I need a little fun too, so I convinced my mom to take me and the two kiddos to the Smokey Mountains for the weekend. My grandparents have a second home there. It's at the end of a gravel road up in a "holler". You mountain folk know what I'm talking about. It's actually not even a gravel road, it's more like rocks and mud. I'll have to remember to take a picture since I cannot possible explain it properly. Across from their house is an old outhouse. Yep, a real one. You can still use it if you have a major emergency, but mostly it's just for my daughter to marvel at. That should give you a better picture of what I mean by the mountain house. Anyway, I've been going there ever since I remember...the house is different now, but the place and the people are the same. It's comforting.

I have really bad allergies (this does tie in, I swear). I am allergic to grass, dust, trees, mold, pollen, etc, etc. Basically anything to do with nature. Which is fine most of the time because it's not like I ever go camping or anything. I'm not that kind of girl... But at the mountain house my allergies are always awful. Like I can hardly function awful. Like I have to literally stick tissues up my nose and let them sit there (how's that visual?). I was really wrestling with whether or not I want to go this weekend since I'm taking a chance that I will be miserable. But I always have this strange hope that this time it will be different, I will somehow be miraculously healed. We'll see. At the very least I will spend some great time with my mom and kids. And get some awesome photos. I hope.

I'll keep you posted. Gotta go pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...