Tuesday, December 15, 2009

That Kid

Our church had a little children's Christmas program the other night.  My daughter was in the children's choir.  She looked lovely and sat up with perfectly straight posture and sang like an angel.  This post isn't about her.  It's about my other kid...that kid.  The 3, 4 and 5 year olds had their own little choir that sang first.  I wasn't even sure if I should let my son sing since I didn't think he knew any of the songs.  He isn't really the singing type.  He will actually shush people who are singing.  But then in the car the other day he started singing one of the songs out of nowhere.  I took that as a sign.

First, we sent him downstairs to his classroom where the kids were meeting.  The teacher comes upstairs to find me saying that he is crying about something and they can't understand him.  I figured out he was crying because he had lost his Lightning McQueen sticker that had been on his shirt.  Great...I'm thinking...he'll never go up there and sing.  I was prepared for him to be that kid who goes up there and cries and hides his face. 

Well, he sort of lived up to my expectations.  He was that kid...the one who walks up on stage while the preacher is talking.  The one that when he's up there at the correct time says "hi, mommy!" and waves.  The one who turns around to his big sister who is in the choir loft and waves.  The one who almost knocks another kid off the stage on accident.  The one who sees me again after I moved for a better photo op and comes running down to me.  He says, "Mommy, my McQueen sticker is lost" while holding his finger up to show how serious he is.  I send him back up and he finishes 'singing'.  He definitely stole the show.  I'm kinda glad he was that kid.  They always grow up to be the fun ones.  And at least he didn't go up there and pick his nose...

Here they are all dolled up for the show.  Disclaimer - I absolutely cannot take a good picture using a flash and my son blinks every time!  Any tips, please feel free to send them my way.


A new favorite pic of my little princess.  I love the timeless look she's got going on here.


That's mine on the left.  I think this is right before or after he waved.  Notice the other children are doing some motions to a song that he was completely oblivious to.


Ahhh, Christmas memories.  Can't wait to make some more here in a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Funny funny funny! You'll be glad you wrote this down in 3 years...you'll look back and wonder how come you didn't remember it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...