Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday Girl

Six years ago today my life was forever changed when I became a mother for the first time.  I can't believe it has been that long.  I remember it so vividly as I suspect I always will.  I will never forget how loudly my daughter cried when she was first born.  I looked at my husband and we both had these expressions on our faces that said, "What the heck did we just get ourselves into?"  My mother says she knew when she was born because she could hear her crying all the way down the hall in the waiting room.  But luckily, she wasn't a crier.  She was actually a pretty easy baby.  So sweet natured and funny, just like she is now a whole six years later.  It is so fun to watch her grow up.  She's going to school and losing her teeth and now she can read.  It's crazy!  Where did my baby go?  I'm trying to cherish these last few years before she loses all her little girlness and turns into a scary tween, or worse, teenager.  For now she's still my baby girl, who gives me as many hugs and kisses as I want and still wants me to wipe her tears and kiss her boo-boos.  Yes, motherhood has it's perks.  Thanks, baby girl, for making me a mother, the thing I always most wanted to be.

My girl at 4 months old.

Here she is at 8 months.  I loved her gap-toothed stage.

And the crazy hair stage.  This was about 14 months.

Around 3 years old.

And here she is now, my big kid.


I love looking back at old pictures to see how she's changed.  Happy Birthday, Cupcake!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! You are a great mom and have such nice kids. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo funny!!! I have the exact same nursery bedding...Got it for Jackson and have used it with all 3 of my kiddos! Seriously? Love of photography, same taste in bedding? Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...