Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Found ~ Custom Camera Bag by Elizabeth David Designs ~

I have finally found a camera bag that I'm not embarrassed to carry!  I've been looking online and in stores ever since my trip to LA where I put my camera in my purse wrapped in a washcloth.  It worked, but my purse was ridiculously heavy and my camera really wasn't very well protected.  There are nice camera bags out there if you look, but you have to be willing to pay a pretty penny for them.  Granted, my new bag was not cheap, but it was within my budget (I used my birthday money) and I got to design it myself!  I found it on Etsy, but it wasn't listed as a camera bag, rather as a handbag.  It is padded so that you can use it for whatever multimedia type of device you want.  It is made by Elizabeth David Designs and you can find her Etsy shop here.  She has tons of designs and if you don't find what you like, she can make it for you.  She was great to work with and even got my bag to me in time for my vacation to Florida in a couple weeks!  I picked these fabrics from the many that she had available.  Most of her designs are a little brighter and fun, but I'm super practical and wanted something that I could carry year round and that wouldn't show too much dirt.  So, I decided to go for this beautiful brown and cream fabric accented with the green to give it a little punch.  I was nervous since you have to pretty much envision it in your head and go with your gut when ordering, but I think it turned out great!

Here's the bag.  It has a magnetic closure and a great adjustable strap.  I've worn it short so my bag is on one shoulder and long across my body.  It looks great both ways.

The back of the bag has two pockets for whatever you need to find quickly.

It also has four inside pockets.  Perfect if you like to organize yourself a little more.  Also, you can see that the bag is very padded all the way around including the bottom, great for protecting your camera.

It is so well made, even down to the last little detail!

This is what I love most about this bag.  It doubles as my purse and camera bag.  I cannot stand having to carry a camera bag in addition to my purse.  I plan on carrying it like this on days when we are on vacation, or we go to the park, or zoo, or any other place where I might want to snap a few pics.  Other days, I might just take out my camera and use it as a purse.

I also love that if I do want to take it on a photo shoot, I can take out my purse items and throw in an extra lens and other camera accessories.  Honestly, I could probably still throw my wallet in on top or even another small lens.

I am so happy with my new purchase I just had to share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...