Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

I feel like this post is super late since I am suddenly surrounded by all things Christmas, but it's still November, so I think it's okay.  I just wanted to share a little recap of our Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for this year.  Our health, our home, our jobs, our beautiful children, family that cares about us so much, food to eat, friends to laugh with, a happy marriage, and most of all our salvation.  Wow, we are so blessed.  This year we headed up to my husband's Aunt and Uncle's home to celebrate Thanksgiving.  They have a big meal followed by a men vs. women game of Trivial Pursuit.  We actually played two games this year.  The first one was a major blowout due to completely unfair ridiculously easy questions being given to the men's team.  And because they know really inane facts about things that no normal people should ever know.  It's seriously annoying playing with people like that.  So we had a rematch.  And it was very, very close.  The women got all of their pie pieces and got to the middle first.  But what is it about those green sports questions?!  Trivial Pursuit is prejudiced against women.  It's not right.

My son had fun practicing his fine motor skills while putting all the pie pieces in their spots.  My girl was the die roller for the women and my boy was the die roller for the men.  

I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the food.  Guess I was too busy eating it!  Can you believe that lady was chatting on the computer with her sister?  I was totally impressed.  I hope I can keep up with the times like that when I'm her age.  That's my husband's uncle (my uncle in law? I don't know what to call him!) and his cousin who is in the Navy.  He's moving to Nevada soon so maybe a desert vacation is in our future.

I have no idea why my kids like coming here...  

I promised my girl I'd put a picture of this turkey she made on my blog.  It was so cute, and she took it so we could use it as a centerpiece.  She gonna be a great hostess someday, that girl.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  We've already got the Christmas tree up!  On to the Christmas festivities next.  And the shopping.  I haven't even started yet!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...