Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas Post

Our Christmas was wonderful this year.  It was very low key, which was kinda nice.  I'm going to share our story as I post pictures...here goes.

We went to my grandparent's house on Christmas Eve and then to my mom's house for presents.  I took this in front of our tree before we left.  Definitely a new favorite.

My husband and I at my grandparent's house where we had lots of food and sweets and I'm pretty sure the highlight for my kids was when their uncle let them play Angry Birds on his phone.

My son finally got to open his giant box from Grandmama that he had been begging about opening for days.  It was a train set.  He was in love.  

Then we came home and Santa came that night.  The kids were up pretty early and saw all their stuff sitting in front of the fireplace.  They were definitely on the nice list this year.

I got this.  A total surprise.  I've been wanting one for over a year...I cried I was so happy.  And I never cry.

My son was totally excited by his new doggy bank.  And somehow I have no pics of my girl opening presents.  I have no idea how that happened!

We went to my Aunt's house this year for Christmas dinner and it was lovely.  Of course my allergies decided to act up though.  Here's my girl reading to her baby cousin.

The day after Christmas we headed up to my in-laws house for the day.  On the way we stopped and saw our good friends who were in town from Los Angeles visiting family and met their baby girl for the first time.   It was so nice to see them again.  Here's a picture of my girl in her other Christmas dress.  I was so excited that I found an American Girl Doll dress to match for her doll, Ruby, but she wasn't quite as excited about it as I was and didn't bring her doll, so there's no pic of them together.

My girl got a bunch of new books and art supplies.  She's already written a couple of books in her new notebook.

My baby got some rollerblades which he wore around the house while his cousin helped him out.

And that's pretty much it.  It was a really wonderful Christmas.  When I was tucking my girl in on Christmas night, she wanted to know how many days until next Christmas.  She's making plans already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...