Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo Friday ~ 52 ~

This is it.  The last post of the year.  Wow, that went fast.  When I started my little Photo Friday journey I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I thought it would be just a quick fun post each week that would help me learn and grow as a photographer.  And it was.  But it also turned into quite the labor of love.  I was constantly thinking each week about what I was going to do for my post.  Which was good and bad.  I spent a lot of time editing photos for some of my posts.  Some week's photos I really don't like all that much, and others are some of my favorite photos I've ever taken.  The thing I love so much about this little project is how nice it is to go back and look at the year through my weekly posts.  I can't tell you how many times I would sit down and click through my Photo Friday posts to see how much the kids have changed, and to see how much my photography style has changed.  I didn't even have Photoshop at the beginning of the year!  I definitely can see an improvement and I hope other people can as well.  I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to continue with Photo Fridays in 2011.  I know for sure that I want to do another project that was inspired by one of my favorite photographers, Tara Whitney, called 4 People 12 Times.  I'll explain it in a different post.  So, I guess you'll have to check back next Friday and see if I've made up my mind.  Here are this week's photos.  They are all of my favorite little girl.

You know I love her serious face.  And I absolutely love this close crop and how much her eyes draw you in.  I took all of these photos in less than 5 minutes and I admit they were a little boring composition-wise and the background (our living room) was definitely a little blah.  So, this week I tried to play around with creative cropping and I must say, I'm kinda digging this.

I was taking her picture and she stopped smiling and said, "Mommy, when I make this face, look at all the bumps on my chin."  I love her.  She loves to make funny faces and look at herself in the mirror.

Okay, doesn't this look exactly like the Mona Lisa?!  As soon as I saw it in the camera I thought that.  Her smile is perfect!  Go google it and you'll see what I mean.

Another of my close crops.  I just want to reach in and squish her cheeks.  I just love them so much.  

Another serious face.  I can't believe how grown up she is starting to look lately.  She is getting so tall and her hair has grown out so much (she always had chin length hair for the first 5 years of her life) and I am really starting to see what she's going to look like when she grows up.  Scary.  I just want to keep her little for a while longer.  That's why she's always got a bow in her hair...I have to do something to keep her looking young.

She is obsessed with hula hooping now that she got one for Christmas.  All the little girls in her class hula hoop during recess and she could never do it.  But now that she's been practicing for just a couple days, she's suddenly got the hang of it.  It's so cute to watch her shaking her butt.  She really gets into it.  She is so incredibly proud of herself.  She can't wait to get back to school and show off her new moves.  

I can't believe that another year just flew by me.  Thanks for joining me on my Photo Friday journey.  It was a blast!

2 comments:

  1. I've had a great time checking out your pictures every Friday. I hope you decide to continue blogging each Friday or at least in some kind of a consistent basis. Thanks for all the great pictures throughout the year. I hope 2011 lends you to some new creative heights and even more discovery in your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joe! I'm for sure going to be blogging, and Jimmy really likes Photo Friday, so I'm going to try to keep it up if possible. Now, it's time for you start blogging all of your amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...