Friday, February 18, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 7 ~

The weather this week has been amazing and I have the photos to prove it.  It does not feel like February at all.  See those pics up above?  That's what February is usually like and I hate it.  So this week's weather has been good for my soul.  Nothing lifts your mood like going outside without a coat when you've been cooped up inside your house for months wrapped in a blanket.  Of course, the first thing I did was take my camera outside while the sun was shining and chase the kids around trying to get some pics.  I got some good ones too.  These look like fall pictures to me.  You'd never guess they were taken in the dead of winter.  I know I'm going to be in for a big shock when it snows next week, but I don't care.  I'm all about this sunshine and warmth right now.  I'm sitting at my desk without socks on, people!  Do you know how huge that is for me!?  Well, it's huge.  Trust me.

I love this so much.  The light hitting his eyelashes!  Perfection.

The sunlight hitting her hair...I'm in heaven.  Normally I wouldn't present a photo with a person's chin chopped off to a client, but this is my baby girl and I like it so I'm sharing it with you anyway.  And her sweet little expression just melts me.

Another profile shot of my girl.  It's an obsession.  I love her face from this angle.  I also like how the sunlight is hitting her eye and it makes her eye look brown.  So cool.

A profile shot of my boy too.  I love the way the sunlight is hitting his eyelashes in this shot too.  

My husband.  This is his "I love you so I'm tolerating all this picture taking" face.  I love it.  He's so handsome.  Of course, I'm totally biased.

I was playing around taking pictures with sun flare and I found this tiny leaf hanging on for dear life and I love the way the sun is shining through it.

Another shot where I was just messing around trying to practice getting the right kind of sun flare.  I love that this delicate plant is still standing after all the snow and ice we've had this winter.  I think this sort of resembles a swan.  Anyone have a guess as to what kind of plant this is?
I don't know the technical term, but I've always referred to it as a money plant.  I think they are so cool.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. As always, great shots. And you're right it does look like fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Also, love the sunshine...it makes everything seem so much brighter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...