Monday, April 11, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 14 ~

It has been a crazy few days around here which is why I am posting Photo Friday on Monday.  Last week we had to travel to attend the funeral of my husband's aunt.  It was the first time my kids have ever attended one, so there were a lot of questions and discussions about death.  And the day we were supposed to leave my son woke up puking.  So, I was a little stressed out about the whole situation.  The kids did fine though and we got to spend some time with family.  And it was the first time my kids have stayed at a hotel.  We always rent a condo when we go on vacation so when we first walked into the room they asked, "Where's the kitchen?".  They loved it though.  They got to swim in the indoor pool and they got to eat the free breakfast buffet.  My daughter ate so much food because she was so excited that it was free.  We joked that she's practicing for college.  On our way home we decided to try to do something fun with the kids.  Unfortunately it was freezing where we were.  We needed our winter coats and we would've had on hats and gloves if I'd bothered to pack them.  But we decided to tough it out and we headed to see the lighthouse which is very near where my husband grew up.  It was soooo windy being right by the lake that my eyes were watering like I was crying.  We didn't stay long, but I did get a few pictures.  Here are my favorites.

Those are my kids running around the bottom of the lighthouse.  It's much bigger in person.  It's hard to get a feel for it from this picture.  It was such a grey, hazy day.  I'd love to get a picture of it with some blue skies and white puffy clouds.  Maybe next time...

I just really like this picture.  There's nothing posed about it, it's just me spying on my sweet family.

I like how they have this weathered sign bolted directly into the rock.  And it strikes fear into mothers while they watch their children climb around the rocks especially when you realize that the waves and wind are so loud that they can't hear you when you're telling them to be careful.  

My sweet girl.  The lake was pretty scary that day as it was crashing into the rocks.  The pictures make it seem much more serene than it actually was.  But it was so beautiful.

I love his sweet face and pink cheeks from the wind and cold.  This might be my favorite.

If you look at the picture of the lighthouse you'll notice there are trees behind it.  Those trees are growing out of the rock.  The roots are so gnarled and beautiful.  It's amazing that anything can grow there.  

The week ahead will be as busy as the last because the day after we got home from our trip my grandma passed away.  My kids keep telling me they don't like when people die...me either...  I'll try to write a post this week about my grandma if I have time.  I'd love for all of you to know how wonderful she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...