Friday, July 22, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 28 ~

As I sat down this morning to post something I realized that I didn't take one single photo this week!  That's very unusual for me.  I guess it's because my kids have been at VBS in the mornings and it has been so ridiculously hot outside that we spend the rest of the day inside.  Ugh, I know I complain alot about the cold and I usually love it hot, but when it gets over 100 degrees I start to get cranky about it.  But I would rather this than freezing cold any day.  Okay, back to my point, I do have one.  I realized I hadn't taken any photos and my kids are gone right now, so I took some pics of the only person here...me.  Self portraits seem so vain, but really they are the farthest thing from it.  When you sit and look at a photo of yourself it seems to magnify your every flaw.  I can see every wrinkle and blemish staring me in the face.  BUT....here's the thing.  I adore old photos of my mother.  I really do.  She was so beautiful and I love to see what she looked like when she was my age (probably because I look a lot like her).  It's weird because when you are a kid you don't really pay attention to what your parents look like.  So I figure I need some pics of my so my daughter can look back and see what I looked like someday.  Here's me, age thirtysomething.

I have a hard time getting my camera to focus on what I want it to when I'm on the wrong side of it.  But I like how it caught my eyelashes in this one.

Can I just explain how awkward it is to smile at a camera when you are sitting in a room by yourself?  I try to do smiling self portraits and they just look weird.  So here's another serious one.  And I just now realized that my logo makes me look like I have some sort of rash on my forehead...I'm too lazy to redo it, so just ignore that please.

Hopefully next week we'll be able to breath when we go outside and I'll be able to get some more interesting pictures.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...