Friday, September 23, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 37 ~

I took these pictures last night as the sun was getting low in the sky and I was making dinner.  The kids have been outside nonstop these past few weeks hanging with the neighborhood kids.  I'm so grateful for some very sweet kids from great families who live so near to us.  The kids all get along pretty well and there are all so very nice and tolerate my little 5 year old tagging along as well.  It's times like that when I am grateful to not have my kids involved in any activities.  I mean, when you are 7 and 5 what could be better than riding your scooter down the street away from mom's watchful eye and acting like a wild hooligan much of the time?  Climbing trees and finding huge sticks and having races and using sidewalk chalk as eye shadow...  It's the little things that make up a childhood, not the constant running around to activities, but the time spent with friends and dreaming up crazy schemes on their own.  Sometimes I worry, sure, and I check out the window every so often to make sure nothing to crazy is going on...but I know there are 3 other moms doing the same thing.  And sometimes I get annoyed that I barely see their little faces between the time homework is done and bedtime.  And geez, do they have to scarf down dinner in less than 10 minutes so they don't miss anything that their friends might be doing?  But winter is coming and I know that these days are fleeting.  It will be getting dark early soon and I'll be longing for the days when I could send them off down the street to play themselves to exhaustion.  So, I'm just letting it go and being laid back...and can I just say that I think I am a way more laid back mom than I ever thought I'd be?  I kinda like it.  The whole crew was there watching as I took these pictures, wondering why on earth I wanted to take blurry photos (it's for a Lemonade and Lenses theme) and wanting me to take their pictures too.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

I. Love. This.
 Blurry jumping is kinda weird.  I still like this though.
 I love them.





I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...