Friday, December 2, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 47 ~

I got my camera out last night thinking I would go outside to take a photo of one of my kids for this weekly project since they were outside with the neighbor girls enjoying the sunny late afternoon.  I've always thought these girls were really beautiful, but the older girl who always wears her hair up in a ponytail happened to have her hair down and she was even more beautiful.  So...I did what any self respecting photographer would do...I told her to stand over there and let me take her photo (and ditched my previous plans of taking photos of my own kids).  She was so happy to oblige.  I think she's about 11 years old or so and I'm starting to think that tweens are my favorite age to photograph.  They don't have any of the ridiculous insecurities that the older girls have and yet they are old enough to take direction really well.  She actually told me "I love myself".  How great is that?  When was the last time I said that about myself?  I wonder what it is that causes us girls/women to lose that attitude and at what age it begins to happen.  I really want to encourage any mom's of tweens to really consider having a photo shoot done for them (and I'm not just saying that because I want you to hire me, but of course, I would love it if you did). :)  I think it's so great for them to see beautiful photographs of themselves during this critical time of developing their concepts of beauty.  I actually had this girl come in and look at her photo on the computer because I wanted her to see it and she wanted to see it.  She thought it looked awesome, had a smile of satisfaction on her face, and promptly turned around and told me she was going back outside to play.  And I think that's exactly the reaction I wanted.  She confirmed to herself that she was beautiful and 'loved herself', but she didn't dwell on it and there was not an ounce of conceit there. That's probably what makes her so beautiful to me!


Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. hi mrs peto
    thank u for making me "famous"

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...