Friday, December 16, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 49 ~

Another week has flown by without me blogging.  I always start the week with good intentions and I even have a whole list of blog ideas but I just can't seem to keep up!  Even on days when I feel like I've got it together I still seem to find something to distract me.  Part of it is the time of year and just trying to get all the little Christmas things done.  I did get my cards ordered and I'm hoping to address them all over the weekend.  That's one thing off my list.  I've still got a ton of shopping to do too.  And to top it off I thought I'd earn myself a little extra Christmas money by painting my Grandpa's kitchen including the ceiling.  I've got the ceiling done and I'm hoping to get the walls done today and tomorrow.  I just glanced at my calendar and realized I need 6 dozen cookies by Monday night too!   I'm trying to enjoy the holiday...and I will...I think it will help when the kids are home.  Having them around just helps me to get in the spirit.  I have some fun things I want to do with them including going ice skating and going to the train display.  I'm sure we'll find plenty of ways to fill the days, we always do, even if it's just something simple like watching a Christmas movie or drinking hot chocolate.  Okay, getting back on topic here...let me talk about this week's photos.  We went to see Santa on Sunday!  "SANTA!!  I know him!" - name that movie.  :)  We went to Keehner Park where they have a little log cabin and host a little Pioneer Christmas thing.  We not only saw Santa but got to sample goodies from the time period, like venison chili and apple pie.  It was really fun.  We went straight from church because I wanted the kids to be in their Christmas clothes and we got there early and were the first ones.  I think we might have to make it a yearly tradition.

My kids posing on the porch of the cabin.  If it looks familiar it's because I use this location for photo shoots sometimes!  By the way, why does my son have to have his mouth open all the time in pictures?!!  It drives me crazy!

As I was taking pictures Santa came out the front door and surprised my kids! 

A shot from inside the cabin with the tree.  I had to use my flash because it the only light in there was from candles!  My daughter wasn't sure if he was the real Santa because his voice sounded kinda weird to her.  She said it wasn't deep enough.  :)  They think the real Santa is at the museum (the one we saw last year) so we might have to go visit him too.

Just a shot of my pretty girl.

This isn't a great example of photography or anything, but I found it when I was going through my photos I took this week and I just thought I'd share it anyway.  My kids were in the Christmas program at our church and they have a "cherub choir" of 2 to 5 year olds.  My son was the oldest one, but I don't think he sang more than a couple of words.  He wasn't really into it this year.  That's my cute niece and nephew on the left.      Click here to see my post from 2 years ago about it (I must have missed last year).  I'm sad this was the last year for me to have a kid in this!  

Have a great weekend, everyone!  Hopefully you are getting in the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos as always! Your kids are beautiful!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...