Friday, March 9, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 10 ~

This week's theme was "be still".  I find myself saying that a lot to my kids.  They are so completely full of energy about 99% of the time that I am constantly saying stop, or be quiet, or be still, or stop running, or sit down, or some variation of just stop moving.  I enjoy being still.  My husband on the other hand is one of those people who is constantly bouncing his leg and it drives me insane.  Maybe that's where my kids get this constant urge to be moving.  Either way, the still moments are few and far between, but they still happen.  Sometimes I have to help create them with a calm atmosphere and some soft music, and sometimes it's just zoning in front of the tv, but then sometimes, there are the moments that happen outside and those are my favorites.  I think that being outside is calming to them.  Granted there is that initial, hey there's some wide open space let's run around like maniacs thing, but then there is the gradual calming and the exploring that goes along with it.  And when we come in from outside they are always exhausted, but in a nice calm way.  I think it's important for them to be outside without all the distractions of toys and games and television and computers where they can learn to be still and appreciate the beauty around us.  Some of these moments happened a couple days ago when we had a beautiful, warm sunny day and we spent a lot of time soaking up the sun and just enjoying each other.  I took some pictures...I couldn't resist.  Here are my favorites.  There are a bunch, but I just caught so many moments and I love them all.

My girl got home from school and decided to do her homework outside.  I love her tiny, tiny freckles that you can barely see in this picture.  

This is about as still as he gets.  Playing with his truck.  I love little boys with their trucks.  It's just so timeless...I wonder if in another fifty years if little boys will still be playing with them...I imagine so.

He was barefoot because I had let him put on his rain boots and go play in the creek and of course, he went too deep and his boots filled with water and got his socks soaked.  

He is always making crazy faces, so this is just so him.  And I love those bare toes!

Showing off with no hands.  Little daredevil.  And another crazy face...

I love these matching shots of them on the swings!

Cutie.

He swings so high now!  My big kid.

I love the wind blowing her hair in this picture.  It's so soft and creamy.  I love photos like that.

Her eyes are so pretty.  I love the gold rim around her pupil.

I love his sweet expression in this one.

I realize that they aren't actually being still in most of these shots, but it was just something about the feeling of that afternoon that was really pure and I love that.  Check out more shots at the Project 52 link below!  Have a great weekend!

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photographs of your beautiful children! I love the innocence of their expression. Such sweetness!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...