Friday, March 30, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 13 ~

Details.  I immediately thought of taking a picture of the two tulips that came up in our yard this year.  Usually we have one red tulip, but it never came up.  Then I noticed these two coming up in the front yard and I could not for the life of me remember planting tulip bulbs.  Then I remembered that they were from my grandma's funeral last year.  They were part of a giant planter basket and they were already blooming when I planted them so I guess I forgot that they would come back every year.  So now they just make me think of her.  I miss her.  I cut them the other day and brought them into the house since it was supposed to frost and I didn't want them to die.  I have one on my desk and one on our kitchen table.  I am reminded of her all day long that way.  And they are perfect and beautiful and brighten my day, just like her.

I love this!  What a happy accident this shot was.  I put the tulip into a ray of sun coming in the window to make the yellow pop and I didn't even realize it, but the camera read the illuminated part of the flower and so the rest of the background was so underexposed that it turned black.  I love the detail of the flower parts.  

I unintentionally captured the detail of the reflection in the vase.  If you look really hard, you can probably see me.  : )

I love the little scallops on the edges of the petals.  

One more with the black background because I just love it!!

Have a great weekend!  I'm looking forward to Palm Sunday and celebrating the start of Easter week!  Check out some more great 'detail' shots by clicking below.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

5 comments:

  1. Wow...these are just beautiful!! Great job.

    Happy Friday♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulips are such beautiful flowers. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those shots with the black background are amazing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips are my favorite flower. I love the details you were able to capture, so stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...