Friday, April 27, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 17 ~

I'm not linking up with my Project 52 group today.  I totally bombed on the theme.  The theme was "green" and  have only taken about 10 photos this week, all in the same day, and none of them involved the color green, or the concept of being environmentally friendly, or being inexperienced at life or even the mood of jealousy.  Oh well...the fact that I am posting a photo this week is practically a miracle in and of itself.  I have been working at my temp job grading standardized tests.  I had the brilliant idea this year that instead of working in the evenings and missing out on time with the kids, I'd work during the day while they were at school.  Problem is, I didn't really think about all that would be required as far as child care was concerned.  My work starts at 8:30 and my daughter has to be at school at 8:25.  Then my son has to get on the bus at 9:05.  Luckily I have an awesome neighbor who is helping out with getting them to school for me.  Having nice neighbors should never be taken for granted!  Then I needed someone to watch my son after school (he's half day) and I had it all planned out that my mom was going to do it, but then my assignment ended up being while she was in Florida.  Not part of plan...  Luckily, Dean made an awesome little friend at school who has an awesome mom that offered to take him.  I love people who will just open their homes to you and do you a giant favor and then act like it's no big deal.  It's great.  My daughter is going home each day with her BFF (yes, she really refers to her that way) whose mom has been equally awesome and she is in heaven so I don't even feel a smidgen of guilt about that.  It's been a crazy week.  It's a great reminder for me that when I start thinking "yeah, I could totally be a working mom and it would all be fine" that it's really not fine.  Not for me or my kids or my husband.  We have been so mean to each other this week.  And snippy, and whiney, and tired, and just plain cranky.  I just need to be home.  That's all there is to it.  I know other women who juggle it all with grace and patience, but that's just not me.  I need to be focused on my family and home or I'm just not happy.  Sure, I can pull off the part time photography thing since I make all my own hours and if I don't feel like doing something, I can just say no.  That doesn't really feel like a job to me.  It's more like a hobby with perks.  : )  But leaving my home and going to a 9 to 5 job is a totally different ball game.  So don't look for me to go job hunting anytime soon.  And if I mention it?  Point me right back to this blog post please.

My daughter found this in the neighbor's tree in a nest after all the baby bird's had flown away.

I was talking to someone the other day about how girls and boys drawings and stories are so completely different.  This boy is always drawing some sort of action scene.  And there is always some sort of elaborate story behind it.  My daughter's pictures are usually of her family, or animals, or objects, and they pretty much are what they are or you can at least figure out the story behind it without too much explanation.  I like that I have a boy and a girl so I can enjoy a little of both.  I didn't get the story behind this one, by the way, but if I had to guess I'd say robots?  Or a car chase?  Or alien invaders?  Your guess is as good as mine!

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I think the robin's egg might have counted for some sort of take on green... You can join my crazy band for the week.... it's been nutso around here too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...