Friday, May 18, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 20 ~

This week's theme was 'mother'.  I have to say I was a little disappointed when I read the theme this morning because my mother is out of town and that is the first person I think of when I think of 'mother'.  And seeing as how I'm sitting around my house alone I don't really have any other mothers to take a photo of...of course, I guess that's what I get for not checking the theme until I'm about to sit down and write my blog post!  I really, really didn't want to take a photo of myself this morning.  I even went digging through our many seashells looking for a piece of mother of pearl to photograph, but I had no luck.  So you guys are stuck with another photo of me.  I took this standing on my deck holding the camera out and slightly up like some sort of ridiculous teenager.  Thank goodness none of my neighbors were outside...

My role as mother is such a huge part of my identity and I wouldn't change it for the world.  Here's me.  Mother of two.

I didn't take this photo this week, but I did take it a few weeks ago.  This is my mother.  She is so beautiful. I love her so much and I appreciate all she does for me.  When I was sick while we were on vacation she came down to our condo and helped to take care of me.  And she hates being around sick people.  So I know she loves me. : )  And she helped me to clean and pack because I wasn't feeling well.  She's such a selfless person and always willing to help out her kids.  And she adores her grandkids.  I couldn't ask for a more perfect mother.  I am so grateful for her example.  I love you, Mom!

Have a great weekend!  Check out more 'mother' photos at the link below.


Project 52 - p52 weekly photo challenge with Kent Weakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...