Wednesday, November 28, 2012

25 Weekers at 52 Weeks ~ A Photo Shoot ~

You know how when babies are born you count their age in days?  And then weeks.  And then Months.  And at some point we just lose track and start counting years.  That's how it goes for most of us.  Now imagine your children are born and you are literally counting their every breath.  Every second.  Every minute is a gift.  Each moment a treasure to savor because you have no idea how long you have.  Now imagine all of that times two.  I honestly cannot even begin to comprehend what that would feel like.  The fear, the heart gripping moments, the total and complete lack of control over anything.  And on the flip side, the elation, the joy, the gratitude, and the celebration of each tiny victory.  When I heard the news that a friend had given birth to her twins 15 weeks early, I was amazed first and foremost that medical technology could even make it possible for these tiny people to survive.  But ultimately it's not up to medical technology at all, it's up to God, and so we prayed.  And we prayed some more.  And I followed their stories riveted to see how those prayers would be answered.  Each update would show cause for more praises and more prayers.  I honestly don't know how these two incredible parents were able to even stand during the uncertainty that faced them time and again.  But their testimony of faith is something I will never forget.  Every time I look at the faces of their children I am reminded of the power of prayer.  The faithfulness of their parents.  And the gift of life.  Each and EVERY life.  No matter how small or how short.  The fact that they live and breathe and have a soul to praise God is enough.  They are gifts...pure and simple.  What a beautiful reminder to stop and take a moment to praise Him that we are here and that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  I feel honored to share these photos with you of two very precious children who have touched countless lives in their short time here so far.

Here they are!  Hello beautiful twins!

This sweet girl has the tiniest little mouth and it's so cute.  She's come a long way since her 1 pounds and 10 ounces.  I can't even fathom how tiny that is!

I am so in love with this picture.  I love his curls, his gorgeous green eyes and his little teeth peeping through! And you would never know that this boy used to be a tiny 2 pound miracle.

I love, love, love pictures of mamas with their babies, especially this one.

The light was so perfect that day.  I feel like this girl is gonna have the same sweet, shy personality of her mama and that makes me happy.  Of course, she'll probably go and prove me completely wrong now. :)

I love her smile...although she only gives them out sparingly.  That makes me appreciate the ones I caught all the more!

Can we just take a moment and admire the green eyes on this kid?!  I love me a green eyed kid...having nothing to do with the fact that I have green eyes.  ;)

I love her adorable expression in this one.

I love his serious expression here too.  He has the most perfect little face!

Another sweet smile.  I think I see a dimple. You know I'm a sucker for dimples...

I hope these photos warm your heart as much as they do mine.

5 comments:

  1. God is awesome and faithful. Great pics and a great testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Shawna and great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog to see these. You're so talented! I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures!! Thank you for giving God the glory.

    JoAnn Halverson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Shawna! I am so glad to see these...thanks for posting! They are such beautiful babies and look so good. God is indeed merciful. I remember those scary, early moments when they were first born and how hard we all prayed. Thanks for the lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...