Friday, January 17, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 3

So...I did it again.  I let a whole week go by without picking up my camera or blogging.  This week I'm blaming it on American Idol.  I was all set to write a couple blog posts the other day when I realized the new season was on and decided to dedicate 4 hours of my life to watching it this week.  I have priorities people. ;)  Anyway, I have a whole list of things to blog about including Christmas.  I'd like to post about Christmas before it's a distant memory and I forget all about it.  So that's my goal this week.  Feel free to remind me about it if I forget. I really have no excuse for not picking up my camera.  I guess nothing we did this week seemed photo worthy.  We didn't really go anywhere because it's been kinda cold.  Like in the 50's, which I know for some of you seems like a really nice spring day, but here it feels like the dead of winter!  We did go on a walk down to the bay one day and we found the most amazing little beach and this super cool tree that was growing right on the beach and leaning out into the water.  It was huge and beautiful and I even climbed it!  It was very climbing friendly and sturdy.  Of course I didn't take my camera with me. Ugh, I was kicking myself the whole time we were there.  I took a few photos with my phone, but I'm still in the dark ages and have a Blackberry and the camera on it is awful.  :(  I am going to upgrade soon and I can't wait.  In the meantime I have an excuse to take another walk to the bay, this time with camera in hand (or around my neck).  So, back to this week's photos.  I just took them this morning while the kids were playing around.  I guess it just goes to show that you don't need to do anything 'photo worthy' to still get a great photo.  Here are my favorites.

My baby playing with his Lego toys.  I love the back light coming from the window behind him and how it really emphasized his profile.

Intense concentration.  I couldn't decide which of these photos I liked best, so I'm sharing both.

I love this.  Every time it's cold outside in the mornings we get condensation on our sliding glass doors.  I like how this looks like abstract art, and how I'm probably the only person who knows just what those shapes really are.

My girl was having a dance party.  She's got some interesting moves. :)

I saved my absolute favorite for last.  I rarely get a sort of relaxed expression from him like this on camera.  He was actually standing there being silly and asking me to take pictures of his armpits (boys are so weird!) and this is one of the shots I got from the in between moments.  I wasn't actually focusing on his armpits, but his face, only he didn't realize it.  I love getting photos that way.  It's like a fun little challenge for me.

I hope you have a great weekend!  I swear I'm going to be better at my own project next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...