Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Just Like That...She's Eleven

When people say it goes fast, they are not kidding.  I cannot believe I have an 11 year old!  I know I'll blink again and she'll be 20 before I know it.  It is insane how fast my kids are growing up.  And it seems that 11 suddenly seems so much older than 10.  She's still my girl, but she's definitely getting more independent all the time.  Which I totally understand is the whole point of growing up, but it's still hard to let go even if it is little by little.  Even as I type this she's off walking the neighbor's dog.  She has her own dog walking business now.  She made flyers and she got a call a few weeks ago about someone interested in her services and she called the woman back and got all of the info all by herself.  Considering her mother barely can stand to talk on the phone unless it's absolutely necessary, I find her confidence inspiring.  She's one of a kind, for sure.  She lives life passionately and she loves with her whole being.  I'm so grateful to be the one God chose to entrust with her care. 

To celebrate (remember that whole living passionately thing?  My girl loves a party.) we had a spa themed party with her friends.  It was just a small group of girls, mostly from church.  We did hair and nails and face masks.  We did presents (of course) and ended the fun with donuts.  My girl wanted a tower of donuts this year instead of a cake, which worked out perfectly since it was so much easier for me.  

To celebrate some more on her actual birthday we went to her Grandmama's house where she surprised her with a little cake and she got her present from us.  She also got to play with one of her BFF's who happens to be my mom's neighbor.  I finally did her birthday survey a couple weeks after her birthday, but I'm glad I got around to it.  I love looking back at the old ones.  Here's this years!

~~Age 11~~
~How old are you? 11
~How does being 11 make you feel? It makes me feel ah-mazing.
~What do you want to learn this year? Um...I don't know. I don't really want to learn anything right now.
~What was the best thing about being 10? That it was my first year being double digits.
~What did you do on your birthday? I had a spa party the day before my birthday and on my birthday I went to my Grandma's house and played with my friend, Livie.
~What is your favorite color? Hot pink
~What is your favorite food? Pepperoni pizza (really? I thought you'd say donuts) Well, it depends on if it's dessert or a meal. If it's something for fun, then donuts.
~Who is your favorite person? I guess you. (I like that answer)
~What grade are you in? 5th
~What is your favorite thing to do for school? Spelling or Handwriting because they are fast.
~What is your favorite game to play? I really like tag, yeah, tag. (anything else?) I like hide and seek too.
~What do you like to do with Daddy? I like to go to stores with him because he listens a lot so I can talk a lot.
~What do you like to do with Mommy? Well, I think it's fun to lay in your bed with you and watch Fixer Upper because then I get Mommy time. And I like to hug you.
~What do you like to do with your brother? Play Pigg-ay, where he is my pet pig and I lead him around the house and he whacks me with a purse. (Uh..they actually do play this and it's ridiculous..my least favorite...go figure)

~What’s your favorite thing to do with the whole family? I like movie night because we are all cozy together and it's fun.
~What’s your favorite store? I like Toys R Us and Target, I don't know. Oh, erase all that, I like PetSmart!
~What’s your favorite place to eat? Let me think real quick. Culver's, Steak and Shake, and Wendy's.
~What’s your favorite book? Ten (Really, not Harry Potter?) Oh wait, go back and put Harry Potter and Ten. I like them both.
~What’s your favorite song? I don't know what it's called but I've got two. We Never Go Out of Style by Taylor Swift, and that one on the Joy FM that says "When there's nothing left to hold on to, I'm holding on to you".
~What’s your favorite thing about God? I guess that He loves me and He's awesome and stuff.

~What do you want to do this year? I want to get a pet dwarf bunny (She asked me to add this question to the list) or a hedgehog but I'm sure a bunny is way more doable.
~What do you want to be when you grow up? Well, I can't really decide but I think it would be fun to be a teacher so people can call me Miss Peto, and I want to work at Petsmart or something that involves my dog.

She just told me she approves this message. :) Now for some photos of her birthday fun!

These are from her spa party. I love the cucumber eyes. :) Somehow I didn't get any photos of the decorations this year...oh well. That seems to be the story of my life these days!

Her party was turquoise and hot pink colors and her Daddy had just so happened to buy her a dress for her birthday and it matched her party colors. My husband does not normally buy our kids clothes, so I thought it was so sweet that he bought her a dress. All the girls at the party thought it was very cool of him too.

Oh, this picture just reminded me that our neighbors (the one's whose dog she walks) also bought my girl some birthday gifts! How sweet was that? They got her an outfit (the shirt in this pic) and a bracelet kit and a boogie board. This was right before we gave her the present from us (her aunt and grandmas chipped in too).

She's flying to Ohio in a couple weeks with her Grandmama. She wasn't quite as excited as I thought she'd be. I think because she has to wait to actually experience her gift and she's all about instant gratification at this stage of life. She's getting excited now that it's getting closer though and she's already got multiple sleepovers with friends planned.

Love her many expressions. In the bottom right photo she was getting ready to blow out her imaginary candles since Grandmama didn't have any. :) And that cake was yummy.

My mom's neighbor is one of her besties and she made her that birthday headband and my girl added the bow for more bling. I love her so much. Did I mention that we celebrated her birthday poolside? In January? Yeah, I love living in Florida. :)

I guess I'll have to get my camera out this week because now I'm all caught up on my photos to blog! I do have a ton of Instagram pics, but blogging them seems somewhat redundant. My mother in law is coming for a visit soon so that will give me some motivation to get out and do some fun things and take photos of them for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...