Thursday, May 14, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter this year was super low key.  We had an egg hunt a couple days before with my niece and nephew who were still in town.  It was really hot so it didn't last too long.  We had dyed real eggs instead of using plastic eggs and the dye was melting off of them.  Next year we'll remember the plastic eggs for sure.  On Easter Sunday we headed to church to celebrate and worship and then went to my mom's for Easter dinner.  On our way home from church we stopped at home to change and my mom was gracious enough to take some photos of the 4 of us for me.  I have been avoiding the camera as of late because I feel like I look horrible.  I know people say I look great and when I see photos, I know I look fine, but when I see myself without all my makeup and hair in the mornings I look like a cancer patient.  And that image is hard to shake during the day.  I know I need to get in photos now more than ever though.  I mean, if this has taught me anything it's that you cannot take your life or health for granted.  I don't want to be just the person behind the camera watching my family, I want to be remembered on the other side as well, as a part of it, even when I don't feel like it.

I got a few shots of the kids too.  I haven't been taking my weekly photos of them like I used to and they were really not used to it and didn't have much patience for me.  I need to get back into the swing of things so we don't all get rusty!  Here are a few pics of us in our Easter finest.

I love this boy.  My kids hardly ever dress up now that we live in Florida, the land of shorts and flip flops, so it's nice to see him in a tie.  That's about as fancy as we get anymore.

My pretty girl.  She wanted to wear the dress that her daddy got her for her birthday, but I thought it was kinda plain so I found that sash at a fun French market they had one weekend near here.  It looks even cuter as a headband.


I'm glad I got this shot from the side so you can see how cute her hairstyle was.

Sorry for the extreme close up, but my boy took this photo of me.  He was having fun with my camera.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I hated it at first, because I can be one of those women who nitpicks everything about a photo of herself (the kind who drive me crazy when they are one of my clients, ironically!), but in the spirit of embracing photos of myself, I'm posting it anyway.

I just love his crinkled brow in this, so I'm posting it too. :)

Here's that photo of the 4 of us I was talking about.  See, we all exist, not just the kids!

Here's my normal shot...just the kids.  Gotta have this shot though, as every mama knows.

I'm actually all caught up on my blogging for the most part!  I hope to get back to a more regular schedule of posts soon.  I'm going to take my girl out for her 11 year old photo shoot now that I finally found an outfit I like for her.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...