Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Midwest Summer Days

When we go back to Ohio to visit now I have such conflicted feelings about it.  It doesn't feel like home anymore, but it's not like a real vacation either.  I love seeing family and friends and going to all the old places I miss, but then sometimes the memories and feelings flood over you all at once and make you miss it so much it hurts.  On the other hand, it's not home anymore and you can't wait to get back to your new home because you miss it so much.  Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm explaining well, but you get the idea of how conflicting it can be, right?  I still am glad to visit there when we get the chance.  While we were in town this summer we crammed a bit of fun into the time we had.  We went to Kings Island for a few hours when they had "Bring a Friend" night for only $15 a person.  We used to have season passes and we really, really miss that place, so I'm glad we were able to go.  We also just hung out at my brother's pool which is another thing we did in the summer when we lived there.  I forgot how cold the water is in pools in the summer up north!  I got to hang out with my husband's side of the family too and spend some time with my sweet nieces.  My other niece waited until we were in town to have her birthday party because she really wanted my girl to be there.  How sweet is that?  We saw my sisters and their sweet baby girls too.  We stayed with my brother so my boy was in heaven getting to hang out with his favorite person, my nephew, 24/7 and I enjoyed hanging out with my brother and my sister-in-law who is one of my best friends.  I miss my nieces and nephew so much so it was good to see them all while we were there.  My girl got to see all of her old friends too and I was so happy that it worked out that she could spend time with each of them.  We went to my cousin's farm in Indiana one day and got to see her miniature donkeys and peacocks which my animal loving daughter always enjoys.  I did a bunch of photo shoots while I was there but for the most part I just used my iPhone for personal photos.  I kinda wish I had busted out the big camera a little more, but at least I have these memories and that's all that really matters.  Here are some favorite photos from our midwest summer trip!


My kids with some of the their cousins.  I wanted to get a pic for my mother-in-law of all her grandkids.


Always have to get a pic of my boy with his 'hair twin'!


My mother-in-law's house was on the market while we were there (she has moved since then) and it was so weird to think that next time we visit she'll be in an entirely different place.




I had a Skyline lunch date with my sisters and this cutie pie.  She played with the salt the whole time and was such a little angel.  And of course I had to go to the Gap Outlet while I was there too.


My girl wants to live on a farm (in Florida) when she grows up so she was in heaven playing with the miniature donkeys.  They are so cute!  You can lead them around on a leash.  They are definitely stubborn though.

She enjoyed feeding them treats.

Anna and Olaf.  My cousin has a five year old daughter, can you tell? ;)


We got totally drenched at King's Island, but it cleared up and most of the people there had left so we were able to go on everything we wanted to with hardly any lines.  That's my girl's friend who she has known since kindergarten.  They met on the bus.  I'm so glad we've been able to stay in touch with her and her sweet family.  And I love my niece's pose in the bottom photo.  She's too cute!

We ran into another friend at the top of the Eiffel Tower!  I used to babysit her and my nephew so it was so fun to see those three together again.  


I love this photo of my boy!  He still talks about how his favorite ice cream is the blue kind from King's Island so I'm very happy that he was able to get it.  And it was even better than he remembered!

Looking at these photos again makes me miss Ohio so much!  Summer was always my favorite season there.  We'll be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...