Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Birthday Boy!

I can't believe that my baby is 9.  I love watching my kids grow up, I really do, but come on, this is ridiculous.  I mean, he was just born like last week, right?  I wish I could slow it down.  I am enjoying the middle childhood years though.  It's so fun having kids who are old enough to occasionally stay up late and who you can introduce to some of the shows and movies you remember from your childhood.  It's fun that they have the stamina to do things we like to do and not get all whiny and cranky.  And although I do miss the funny things they used to say when they were younger it really is fun seeing their interests and passions develop.  I get glimpses of what they will be like as adults and I'm excited to have those grown up relationships with them.  Although my boy still says he is never getting married and never moving away from his mama. :)  I'm sure he'll change his tune on that soon enough.  To celebrate this year he had a Lego themed party with some of his friends.  His birthday was on the same day as his party this year so we started the day with donuts and he had a great day.  I did the annual birthday survey a few days later, but here it is, followed by some of my favorite photos from his special day!

~How old are you? 9
~How does being 9 make you feel? It makes me feel awesome!
~What do you want to learn this year? Nothing. After much prodding by me he said, I want to lean how to make Ava happy by annoying her.
~What was the best thing about being 8? I don't know.
~What did you do on your birthday? I had a party, I ate cake, and I ate ice cream, and played lots of games. What kind of party? Lego.
~What is your favorite color? My favorite color is neon turquoise blue.
~What is your favorite food? Blue ice cream. From Kings Island.
~Who is your favorite person? He just pointed to me and then said, God (he likes to be a tricker). I said, God's not really a person, and he said, Jesus is and that's the same thing as God. Do you have a favorite person on Earth right now? Ben, Ava, Daddy and Mamma. :)
~What grade are you in? 4th
~What is your favorite thing to do for school? Skipping school. What about co-op? I like the spy class and my science class.
~What is your favorite game to play? Ball Dollar Dodge. It's a game me and Ava invented. How do you play it? You throw a ball at somebody and they try to avoid it and if you hit them three times then they are out and you switch. It's kinda like dodge ball. Why is it called Dollar? I don't know.
~What do you like to do with Daddy? Um, bounce my moon ball around. Anything else? I also like golfing with him.
~What do you like to do with Mommy? Um, I like to, um, play with her. I asked him to be more specific and he said to play with his BB-8 toy with me. Do you still like to cuddle me? Yes.
~What do you like to do with your sister? I like to play Shirt Baller Dodge. I just remembered, it's not Dollar dodge, it's shirt baller dodge. Because you use a shirt for the ball. I also like to play Silent Touch and Belly Warriors. Both games that we made up.

~What’s your favorite thing to do with the whole family? Have movie night.
~What’s your favorite store? Target, wait, no, The Lego Store, no, Target, they have more toys and stuff.
~What’s your favorite place to eat? Culvers.
~What’s your favorite book? Fast Food. Seriously? We haven't read that in forever, it's old. Do you have a newer favorite? No.
~What’s your favorite song? My favorite song is Jesus in Disguise. He had to get verification from his sister about that.
~What’s your favorite thing about God? Everything. I like every single thing about Him.

~What do you want to do this year? Get all the BB-8 things.
~What do you want to be when you grow up? A Lego Master Builder.






We played a few fun games including finding the hidden minifigure pictures, guess how many Lego in the jar, and the Lego toss game.  They all were a hit!







He started to blow out his candles before it was time and I love his cute little embarrassed face.  :)


After he blew them out he knocked the little banner into one of the candles as it was still hot and it caught fire!  All the boys thought that was pretty exciting.

We had a great time celebrating my favorite boy.  Next time I blog about his birthday he will be double digits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...