Thursday, January 28, 2016

November 2015 ~ Cliff Notes Version ~

I'm determined to catch up on my blogging so I'm at least writing about the correct year!  So here goes November in one giant post.  It was a jam packed month with visits from my sister and my mother-in-law.  First up was a visit from my sister who hadn't been here yet since we moved.  It was also my sweet niece's first time at the beach!  The weather was perfect and it was still warm enough to get in the water which we took advantage of.  

 Here is my girl practicing her skimboarding.  The water was so still that day.  

My littlest niece absolutely loved the beach!

The coolest thing we've found at the beach yet, seahorses!  They were amazing!  They would hold on to pieces of seaweed with their tails.  They are one of my favorite animals and I've always been fascinated by them ever since I was a little girl so I was especially excited about it.

All my nieces love my daughter because she's the oldest.  This little one had fun swinging with her.  She has the cutest smile and is such a busy little thing.  She kept us on our toes!

We went to Legoland again.  My niece loved it and it was fun watching her enjoy it.  My kids loved it too, of course.  Cute story...when we were getting off one of the rides that day my son looked at me and whispered, "You were the prettiest mom on that ride."  Oh yes, he is gonna be a heart breaker.  I love that kid.

My husband had a birthday!  My girl did the cake.  She wanted a fishing theme since that's something he loves to do and she likes to do it with him.  I like that picture in the middle of my 3 favorite people in the whole world. :)

My girl was in her first real play.  She joined a drama class at our co-op and they did the play Not So Grim Tales.  It was really cute.  They didn't have a lot of time to practice and for a lot of kids it was their first time in a play so taking all that into account I thought it was fabulous.  Of course, Little Red Riding Hood was the best.  She had some pretty serious stage fright going into it and I am so proud of her for overcoming her fears.  She is taking drama again this spring so I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next!

My mother-in-law came the week of Thanksgiving and stayed with us.  When she's in town it's always like we are tourists in our own city and it's great!  We went to Weeki Wachi Springs and saw the mermaid show which was fascinating.  While we were there we also go to take a boat ride on the river.  The water is so crystal clear it's amazing.  You can see straight to the bottom and see all the fish and plants.  My girl was pretty excited about the mermaids.  I might have been just as excited as her.

We went to the International Mall and saw Santa.  That's where the snow is falling on them.  We also went to Gaylord Palms in Orlando and saw the Ice show.  They have all these amazing ice sculptures, but it's only 9 degrees inside.  I thought my face was going to freeze off!  Back in the warmth of the hotel we checked out a Cirque show in the atrium complete with fake snow.  It was fabulous.  I want to stay at that hotel some day. 

On Thanksgiving Day we went to the beach for sunset.  Our friends were there too.  What a fabulous way to end a holiday!

Next up, December and Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...