Thursday, February 4, 2016

Christmas 2015

We had such a fun time spending our first Christmas in Florida this year.  The weather was warm which was weird but nice all at the same time.  I missed seeing most of our family who we normally get to visit, but having my grandpa and my brother's family here was so nice.  It was a smaller, simpler gathering than usual, but I kinda liked that.  Our celebrations were spread out and not all crammed into 2 days of mass chaos and sensory overload.  I have no idea what we are going to do in the future, but I'm glad that this year we stayed home.  It was so nice to wake up in our own beds on Christmas morning...even though that wake up call was way too early, as usual.  :)

On Christmas Eve we had a very small gift exchange with my grandpa, my brother and his kids.  Each kid just got one present and they were totally okay with that.  I didn't even take any pics.  After that we had pizza and got dressed up and went to church for the Christmas Eve service.  It was a really lovely service that focused on Christ and even the boys were very into the music and especially liked the candlelight portion at the end.  The cousins all had matching outfits this year and they looked so cute. I had forgotten to take my camera that day so all I have is one iPhone shot of them all together.  My son had matching grey pants, but he spilled something on them, so jeans were the only backup.  Oh well, they are more his style anyway. 


Christmas morning at home.  My kids got a lot of fun stuff this year.  Most notable were a fish tank from Santa for my girl so she could get a betta fish and a Lego x-wing for my boy.  They both got new scooters from Santa too.

We finally decided to get our kids their own electronic devices.  This was a pretty major thing for us.  We've been pretty adamant about them not having them for a while now, but after some research into the Kindle Fire and the Free Time app they offer, we decided we would give it a try.  When they first opened them they were so shocked and confused.  I don't think they knew what to make of it!  My son's face looks so suspicious here.  I'm sure he's thinking it's too good to be true.

They are getting a little excited in this shot.  We've set time limits on the games and the kids have been great about it.  Overall, it's been a very positive experience, but don't expect them to get their own phones anytime soon. ;)

Just a shot of the aftermath. :)

Later that day we headed over to my mom's house for Christmas dinner and it was warm enough to swim! Love these cuties.

I made an exception for Christmas Day and there were no time limits on apps.  These boys were loving it.

My kids with their Great Grandpa.  Can you believe he is 90?  He looks amazing!

We went to the beach to watch the sunset.  You really can't beat a Christmas where you can swim and go watch the sunset at the beach!  Check out my niece's adorable gap toothed smile.  In the next week she would lose two more teeth on top!  She's lost more teeth than my son and she's 3 years younger.  It's crazy!


These boys are so adorable together.  I love how they just get each other.


I love this gorgeous girl!

And this handsome boy!

I love these 4 together.

I'm almost all caught up on blogging!  Next up, my girl turns 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...